Published on 10 Sep 09
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- overview of the budget changes, what does the new 23AG look like?
- transitional rules
- issues for employers
- issues for employees
- what will we see going forward?
- focus on residency
- increased use of double tax agreements
- foreign income tax offsets
- Fringe Benefits Tax issues
Chris is an Executive Director in Ernst & Young's Perth Human Capital practice. He has spent over 14 years specialising in the area of taxation of globally mobile employees, with particular emphasis on US, UK and Australian taxation of expatriates. He has presented extensively on the topic of global mobility, taxation of expatriates more generally and in the area of global compensation & benefits. His time spent in Perth and Central Asia has given him much experience in the expatriate tax policies and practices within Oil, Gas and Natural Resource companies.
- Current at
01 July 2009