Published on 26 Jul 12
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- summary of the uncertain world of financial agreements
- key features of financial agreements
- recent developments in relation to financial agreements
- trust busting – discretionary trusts and the Family Court
- general principles
- how the Family Court treats trust assets
- establishing effective control of a trust
- some cases
- specific scenarios.
Jill Miller is a Partner at Norman Waterhouse Lawyers. Jill commenced practising law in 1986 and quickly developed an interest in Family Law. Since gaining admission she has been almost exclusively involved in the family law arena, either as a lawyer practising in the area or as a provider of continuing legal education to the profession. Jill has experience in a wide range of family law issues including complex property settlements involving significant asset pools, financial agreements, spousal maintenance, children's issues and de facto relationship matters. Jill is a former associate editor of Australian Family Lawyer.
- Current at
18 June 2012