Published on 28 Feb 07
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- when is compounding accruals required?
- what is the meaning of sufficiently certain?
- how do you perform a compounding accruals calculation?
- reassessment and re-estimation of gains and losses
- how are bad and doubtful debts treated?
- what are the requirements of the hedging election?
- how will character matching impact?
Julian Humphrey FTIA has 12 years experience with the KPMG Banking & Finance Tax Practice. He works primarily with
international banks and financial services companies operating in Australia providing corporate income tax services. Julian’s
areas of expertise includes the taxation of banks and bank branches, the taxation of financial arrangements and retail financial
products as well as Australia’s offshore banking regime. He is a regular participant in consultation with Government on
Australia’s tax reform proposals affecting Australian financial institutions.
Current at 9 February 2009 Current at 18 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Julian HUMPHREY.