Published on 30 Jul 10
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- legislative background
- business real property defined
- elements of definition and linkage to SMSFR 2009/1
- elements of "business"
- connection between property use and business
- the "wholly and exclusively" threshold
- key practical examples from SMSFR 2009/1
- common errors when dealing with business real property.
Josh is a Director of SJN Chartered Accountants. He specialises in advising family owned SME groups across a wide range of industries in areas such as income tax, employment taxes, business structuring, tax planning, superannuation strategies and succession and estate planning. He also assists clients with their strategic direction by providing an external advisory role on various elements such as preparing a business for sale or purchase, key performance indicator measurement and reporting to assist in performance improvement, and has undertaken various business valuations as part of due diligence processes. Josh has previously been involved with the Tax Institute by being an active member of the Membership Services Committee from 2013 to 2016.
- Current at
24 August 2017