Published on 16 May 13
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
A highly practical presentation that will give you confidence to explore ADR options with the ATO.
In particular, the presentation covers:
- What is in it for taxpayers and the ATO?
- What are the benefits of ADR for each of the individuals and micro-enterprises, SME and the LB&I sectors? Is ADR more suited to one or more of these sectors?
- How do taxpayers start the ADR ball rolling? When should this occur?
- What matters are best dealt with via ADR?
- What happens at an ADR “hearing”?
- What outcomes can be achieved compared to traditional litigation?
Gina Lazanas FTIA is a Partner at Baker & McKenzie and
has extensive experience in advising in all facets of GST. She
specialises in the GST treatment of international transactions,
mergers and acquisitions and real property transactions. Gina also
has extensive experience in tax controversy matters, including tax
administration issues and litigation.
Current at 11 March 2009 Current at 06 October 2010
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Gina LAZANAS.
Current at 15 June 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Judy SULLIVAN.