Published on 23 Sep 03
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- the level of independence required of the person auditing the fund
- the prohibition on inhouse assets
- the need for real separation of assets of the fund from the employer/principals
- the employer meeting costs incurred by the SMSF
- the impact of minor breaches versus substantive breaches.
Within the Superannuation Business Line of the ATO, Michelle has responsibility for the Superannuation Active Compliance work area which manages the compliance aspect of Self Managed Super Funds, Employer Super Guarantee Obligations and Super Fund Income Tax and Surcharge lodgements. Michelle manages a large and diverse workforce who undertake client management, education and
active compliance roles. In addition, Michelle fulfils the role of the Capability Leader for Compliance Business Systems in the ATO which involves ensuring that compliance strategies across the ATO have
appropriate IT support.
Current at 1 January 2004 Current at 23 October 2007