Published on 23 Oct 13
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation focuses on some of the major issues facing companies in managing their capital structure including:
- implications arising from the recently announced changes contained in the 2013-2014 Budget (including the announced repeal of section 25-90)
- recent changes to the share buy-back rules
- a review of some of the recent share buy-backs and capital returns by corporates
- an update on the taxation of share entitlements
- implications arising from the changes to the Corporations Act 2001 dealing with dividends.
Dragan Misic CTA
Dragan is a Director in EY's Transaction Tax group where he specialises in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and alternative investments. He advises clients on various income tax matters including:
structuring in and out of Australia, reorganisations, acquisitions and divestments, tax disputes, management equity incentives, capital management, and the establishment of managed investment trusts (MITs).
Dragan has over 14 years of experience including 9 years with another Big 4 firm and 5 years with a top-tier Australian law firm. He has advised clients in various sectors including those in the technology, communications and entertainment, private equity, financial services, and commercial property sectors. He also advises private client groups and high net worth individuals. Current at 01 March 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Dragan Misic.
Further details about this event: