Published on 03 Feb 04
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- problems with foreign currency receivables
- the limitations of valuation short-cuts
- is an Advance Market Valuation Agreement for you?
- what does it mean to retain accelerated depreciation?
- step 7 and tax attributes such as ACE
- practical problems with over-depreciated assets
- identifying and dealing with synergistic goodwill
- unbundling goodwill into identifiable intangibles
- the black hole in CGT event L4
- CGT event L4 - what business would have no reset cost base assets?
Stephen Reid is a Partner of Deloitte Australia, having worked for Deloitte Australia and an antecedent firm for over 25 years. Stephen is the National Resources Valuations Leader and leads the Melbourne valuation team, specialising in providing clients with valuation advice for mergers and acquisitions or other commercial purposes. During his career Stephen has provided clients with corporate finance advice, assessments of financial projections, pre-acquisition due diligence reviews, valuations, structuring advice and feasibility studies in respect of companies operating across a broad range of industries throughout Asia. Stephen is also the firm's Oil and Gas Leader. Current at 15 October 2012
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Stephen REID.
Garry Bourke ATI
Garry is a Corporate Tax Partner with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and is a member of the firm's national tax consolidation team. Garry is currently providing extensive tax consolidation structuring and planning advice to a number of large domestic and multinational corporate groups. Current at 18 July 2005
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Garry BOURKE.
Further details about this event: