Published on 06 Aug 13
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Can you still protect your client’s assets? In recent times there have been numerous developments which have challenged the effectiveness of trust structures and the ability to protect your assets.. When it comes to asset protection there is no “one size fits all”. Clients in the same profession can have completely different risk profiles and family dynamics. Is there still hope for those at risk?
This presentation covers:
- protecting both business and family assets
- the importance of powers of attorney
- bankruptcy clawback rules
- Family Court distinction between property of a marriage and a financial resource
- CGT and testamentary trusts.
Brian J RICHARDS
Current at 14 May 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Brian J RICHARDS.