Published on 11 Apr 03
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The presentation examines various current trust issues including:
- ultimate beneficiary statements - where are we up to?
- trust distribution and section 109UB, including potential
distributions from revaluation reserves
- in what circumstances concessionally taxed trusts should be considered (eg. testamentary trusts)
- family trust elections and interposed entity elections - when to use them (including consideration of loss companies owned by trusts)
- passing assets in discretionary trusts through generations - vest or split the trust?
- small business CGT concessions with discretionary trusts - connected entities.
Andrew Sinclair, CTA is a partner in Cowell Clarke's Tax & Revenue practice group. As a tax and superannuation specialist with over 25 years' experience, his qualifications are in law and as a Chartered Accountant. With a broad knowledge of corporate and business law, Andrew has specialist expertise in private client scenarios. This usually involves discretionary trusts, private companies and the diversity of views that family dynamics delivers.
- Current at
22 November 2017