Published on 11 Apr 08
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- are you fulfilling your role as an approved auditor?
- you are likely to be one of the 900 auditors the ATO review this year?
- can you demonstrate your competency through your procedures?
- do your work papers stand up to scrutiny?
- learn what the ATO expects and be ready when they contact you!
Sharyn Long, CTA, is the Managing Partner of Sharyn Long Chartered Accountants (SLCA) and specialises in accounting, tax and compliance services for corporate, government and industry funds. Sharyn has spent most of her career in superannuation, being a major participant in the Cooper Review and a member of the Treasury Working Group formed to address the SMSF reforms from that review. She was a member of the Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards Board Taskforce reviewing the independence of SMSF auditors, and has also assisted the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board in the development of guidelines for auditors. SLCA recently sold their SMSF fees to focus on Australian Prudential Regulation Authority-regulated funds.
- Current at
12 January 2017