Published on 17 Feb 04
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- legislative basis for audit activities - what can be the subject of an audit
- policies and approach in relation to conduct of audits
- powers of reassessment and imposition of penalties
- scope of legal professional privilege
- liabilities of directors and officers
- Taxpayers' Charter of Rights?
Alan is a Manager of Operations Audit branch in compliance for the NSW Office of State Revenue. His main responsibility is to manage the major compliance audit projects, primarily in the areas of payroll tax and stamp duties.
- Current at
08 December 2003