Published on 17 Feb 04
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- legislative basis for audit activities - what can be the subject of an audit
- policies and approach in relation to conduct of audits
- powers of reassessment and imposition of penalties
- scope of legal professional privilege
- liabilities of directors and officers
- Taxpayers' Charter of Rights?
Alan is a Manager of Operations Audit branch in compliance for the NSW Office of State Revenue. His main responsibility is to manage the major compliance audit projects, primarily in the areas of payroll tax and stamp duties. Current at 08 December 2003
The Tax Institute is a Recognised Tax Agent Association (RTAA) under the Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009.
All materials provided on this site are protected by copyright and are owned by or licensed to TTI.
Except as expressly permitted by TTI or the copyright owner, any person or company who uses this site must not use, reproduce, redistribute, retransmit, publish or otherwise transfer, or commercially exploit, the materials or any information, software or other content, in whole or in part, which is available through this site.