Published on 19 Jul 06
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this session will include:
- What is "benchmarking" in a transfer pricing context - at the time of setting or the time of testing
- Available public data - ASIC, Business Who's Who, IBIS - but how to filter it?
- Valid use of overseas data - OSIRIS
- What are the steps in a benchmarking exercise?
- How do you make a conclusion linking the chosen data to the client?
Chris is a Director at William Buck in Sydney and is primarily responsible for international tax advice. Chris joined the Taxation Consulting Group of William Buck in 2005 after over 15 years experience with PwC in Australasia and Europe and recently, 2 years in the ATO Transfer Pricing Practice. He was previously an Executive Level member of the Australian Taxation Office Transfer Pricing Practice, located in Large Business and International, Sydney, and a designated Competent Authority in the Asian team.
Current at 8 February 2007
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Chris BOWMAN.
Further details about this event: