Published on 14 May 08
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- the new regulations that allow SMSFs to borrow
- how to structure this borrowing correctly
- the restrictions that apply to gearing in a SMSF
- the accounting issues associated with these changes
- other tax implications to consider - CGT, stamp duty, GST.
Chris is an Executive Lawyer for Bartier Perry. He has extensive experience in taxation law, whether it
be income tax, capital gains tax, payroll tax, stamp duty and GST, and provides advice on a range
of personal and commercial tax issues, including mergers, restructures and, objections and
appeals against the Australian Taxation Office and the New South Wales Office of State Revenue
Current at 23 July 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Chris TSOVOLOS.
Further details about this event: