Published on 14 May 08
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- the new regulations that allow SMSFs to borrow
- how to structure this borrowing correctly
- the restrictions that apply to gearing in a SMSF
- the accounting issues associated with these changes
- other tax implications to consider - CGT, stamp duty, GST.
Hugh Taylor FTIA is a Client Director in the Tax Consulting Group, and an authorised representative of the Financial Planning Division, at Pitcher Partners Sydney. Hugh has over 20 years experience in chartered accounting and specialises in superannuation, retirement planning and administration of self managed funds. Hugh joined Pitcher Partners Sydney in 1984.
Current at 5 June 2008 Current at 11 August 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Hugh TAYLOR.