Published on 11 Apr 08
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation gives a Lawyer's and Accountant's perspective of:
- the new regulations that allow SMSFs to borrow
- how to structure this borrowing correctly
- the restrictions that apply to gearing in a SMSF
- the accounting issues associated with these changes
- other tax implications to consider - CGT, stamp duty, GST
- is the Rudd Government likely to change the rules?
Ron practices in superannuation, taxation and related areas such as estate planning and business and asset structuring. Advice is given to a wide range of clients including the accounting profession and other consultants to the business community, and the financial services industry. Ron is a director of the West Perth firm Munro Doig.
- Current at
01 March 2015