Published on 09 Nov 06
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- the business succession plan
- maximising the benefits under the small business CGT concessions, including updates
- buy/sell agreements
- getting cash out of corporate structures
- share buy backs
- capital reductions
- dividends (and dividend access shares)
- liquidation and demerger strategies
- consolidation issues.
Justin recently went to the Queensland Bar after 20 years practising as a solicitor specialising in taxation and revenue law. He advises on a wide range of complex taxation issues, including income tax, CGT, GST and stamp duty. With qualifications and extensive experience in both law and accounting, he is uniquely placed to provide practical and commercial tax solutions for a range of clients, from individuals and small business owners to large corporations and government. He is also experienced in negotiating with the ATO in relation to tax disputes and has conducted tax litigation in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, Federal Court and High Court.
- Current at
15 March 2021