Published on 27 Mar 07
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation provides attendees with a refresher on the application of the exemption from capital gains tax upon disposal of a taxpayer's main residence. In particular, it discusses:
- general application of Subdivision 118-B
- extension of exemption to 'adjacent land'
- implication of changing main residence
- using main residence for income producing purposes
- impact of 'temporary absences', marriage breakdown and death.
David is a Senior Manager with Grant Thornton in its Taxation Services Group, and has over 10 years experience advising clients on a wide range of taxation matters, including income tax and capital gains tax issues. David has worked with many clients in managing the taxation issues associated with property transactions, and has presented previously for the Taxation Institute.
Current at 3 December 2007
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by David HAWKES.
Further details about this event: