Published on 27 Mar 07
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation provides attendees with a refresher on the application of the exemption from capital gains tax upon disposal of a taxpayer's main residence. In particular, it discusses:
- general application of Subdivision 118-B
- extension of exemption to 'adjacent land'
- implication of changing main residence
- using main residence for income producing purposes
- impact of 'temporary absences', marriage breakdown and death.
David is an Associate Director at Grant Thornton Australia and has 12 years experience in advising clients on a wide range of taxation issues. David has considerable experience in advising both employers and employees on the implementation and management of tax effective remuneration structures, including the use of employee share and option schemes.
- Current at
08 December 2016