Published on 14 Nov 03
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
- compares asset purchases versus buying shares - minimising CGT and stamp duty
- identifies the vendor's tax profile and its impact on the purchase price eg. pre CGT shares/assets; earn out arrangements
- develops tax effective strategies in funding the purchase - superannuation; post acquisition dividends
- lists issues in minimising tax on business profits - income splitting; loss utilisation
- considers the flexibility of structures to accommodate change - succession planning; loss recoupment, asset protection
- determines the best exit strategy on setting up a structure - maximising CGT discount and small business concessions.
Mark is a Senior Tax Counsel with BNR Partners.
- Current at
03 December 2020
Chris Vittas is a partner in the Tax Advisory division of the PKF Melbourne office. He has over 20 years’ experience in professional services, including 12 years as a Taxation Services partner. Chris specialises in minimising clients’ risks by providing strategic planning advice on indirect taxes. He is actively involved in indirect tax controversy matters and dispute resolutions, and has been involved in assisting and managing several GST and R&D cases. Chris has vast knowledge in the property and manufacturing industry, facilitating his clients with specialist advice on matters such as research and development tax incentive, stamp (transfer) duties, GST, land tax and foreign purchasers matters.
- Current at
16 December 2020