Published on 21 May 09
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation, almost 80 slides, covers:
- first round of changes
- second round of changes
- third round of changes
- basic rules for CGT SB concessions
- what is an SBE (small business entity)?
- SBE tests
- aggregated turnover
- new rule re passive assets
- passive assets and partnerships
- maximum net asset value
- who or what is an affiliate?
- when is an entity "connected with" you?
- new deemed affiliate rule
- active asset test
- when does an asset have to be active?
- changes to active asset test
- selling shares or units.
Richard spent most of the first 23 years of his professional career in Brisbane in the tax practice of Andersen and then Ernst & Young. He now operates a tax consulting business through Balena Tassa Pty Ltd. Richard has particular expertise in tax and related structuring issues for the private client market. Most of his work is done by way of consulting to, and providing training for, accountants and lawyers around Australia who operate in these areas.
- Current at
19 May 2017