Published on 21 May 09
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation, almost 80 slides, covers:
- first round of changes
- second round of changes
- third round of changes
- basic rules for CGT SB concessions
- what is an SBE (small business entity)?
- SBE tests
- aggregated turnover
- new rule re passive assets
- passive assets and partnerships
- maximum net asset value
- who or what is an affiliate?
- when is an entity "connected with" you?
- new deemed affiliate rule
- active asset test
- when does an asset have to be active?
- changes to active asset test
- selling shares or units.
Richard J FRIEND
Current at 16 June 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Richard J FRIEND.