Published on 22 Jul 04
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- tax outcomes on exit of subsidiary from a consolidated group
- timing and characterisation of exit
- calculation of old group's allocable cost amount
- treatment of tax attributes
- CGT event L5
- is an asset sale an alternative.
This was also presented by Chris Gibbs at the Consolidation: M&A Experiences seminar held in Sydney on 28 July 2004.
Andrew Woollard FTIA is a Tax Partner with Ernst & Young, specialising in corporate and international tax. Andrew has over
15 years experience in advising clients on a broad range of corporate tax issues, including M&A transactions, restructuring,
and business tax reform issues, including tax consolidation and tax loss issues.
- Current at
30 August 2017