Published on 18 Mar 09
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation contextualises current ATO review activities focusing on SME’s. It covers:
- the evolution of a risk based approach to tax administration directed to voluntary compliance
- proposed and current activities relating to SMEs
- the $100-250m turnover project for 2009-12
- specific issue reviews: overview
- selection for participation in active compliance
- published risk indicators and risk filters
- the ATO risk engine - past, present and future.
David Drummond CTA
David, has over 30 years corporate tax experience with Australian listed companies and local subsidiaries of multinationals. As a National Leader of Tax Risk Management Services ("TRMS") in KPMG Australia, David has liaised regularly on behalf of KPMG with the Senior Executive Officers of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) responsible for the ATO Annual Compliance Program since its inception in 2002 and participated on Advisory Groups for reviews by the Inspector General of Taxation in regard to conduct of risk reviews and audits for Large Business, SME, HNWI and Wealthy Australians Current at 14 November 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by David DRUMMOND.
Further details about this event: