Published on 24 Jul 14
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- the shifting tax landscape - the increase in labour taxes as a portion of taxpayers’ total tax mix
- the global and domestic trends towards contingent workforces
- the inherent risks in the management of contractors, including the specific payroll tax compliance challenge
- the current compliance focus by Revenue Offices Key audit risk issues with respect to contractors
- evidentiary standards and expectations, for example, evidence to support contractor exemption eligibility.