Published on 25 Sep 03
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This powerpoint presentation covers topics such as:
- Analysing the overall tax effectiveness under different scenarios: contributions tax, RBL issues, surcharge issues and indirect costs
- Contributions - examining the main rules and risk areas
- Contributions strategies - do they work?
- PSI, personal exertion and age based limits
- ATO's view - withdrawal and recibtribution
- In specie contributions and FBT issues
Dan is one of Australia's leading SMSF lawyers and has worked predominantly in the SMSF, tax and related fields for over 30 years. He is a regular presenter on SMSF topics and has published extensively in professional journals including contributing a monthly article on SMSFs to the Taxation in Australia and other media. Dan is a member of the ATO's Superannuation Industry Relationship Network (SIRN), the Chair of The Tax Institute's National Superannuation Committee, a member of the Law Institute of Victoria's Tax Committee, and is involved with a number of other tax and SMSF committees. Dan presents on the subject Taxation of Superannuation at the University of Melbourne's Master of Laws/Tax program. Dan is also a CTA and a Specialist SMSF Advisor.
- Current at
23 May 2017