Published on 09 Nov 11
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- when does the pension exemption actually commence and when does it stop?
- what is required to automatically revert a pension to a reversionary beneficiary?
- is it better to make a binding death benefit nomination rather than a reversionary beneficiary nomination?
- linking a person's pension planning with their estate planning especially when they have an SMSF
- what is the different asset protection qualities of a lump sum versus a pension?
- practical impact of TR 2011/D3 for advisers and strategies they should be on top of.
Bryce Figot CTA
Bryce is a Director at leading SMSF law firm DBA Lawyers. He practices predominantly in taxation and superannuation law, particularly the law of SMSFs. He is regularly quoted and published in the Australian Financial Review, the Herald Sun, CCH and LexisNexis publications, and elsewhere in the financial press. He presents extensively to accountants, financial planners and lawyers Australia-wide. Bryce has worked with DBA Lawyers since 2003. He holds both a bachelor degree and a masters degree in law and is an accredited Specialist SMSF Advisor. Current at 10 December 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Bryce FIGOT.
Further details about this event: