Published on 09 Nov 11
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- when does the pension exemption actually commence and when does it stop?
- what is required to automatically revert a pension to a reversionary beneficiary?
- is it better to make a binding death benefit nomination rather than a reversionary beneficiary nomination?
- linking a person's pension planning with their estate planning especially when they have an SMSF
- what is the different asset protection qualities of a lump sum versus a pension?
- practical impact of TR 2011/D3 for advisers and strategies they should be on top of.
Bryce is a lawyer with DBA Butler Pty Ltd. Lawyers
Current at 11 March 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Bryce FIGOT.
Further details about this event: