Published on 01 Nov 07
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation highlights the critical issues to consider when analysing an estate plan for your clients, including:
- everything you need to know about testamentary trusts:
- how they are utilised
- their income tax, stamp duty and land tax implications
- family law considerations
- reviewing the trust deed of a discretionary trust in five minutes
- how best to deal with superannuation death benefits
- the major issues regarding Enduring Powers of Attorney.
Alan is a solicitor with Norton & Smailes Lawyers.
Current at March 2009 Current at 16 March 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Alan KRAWITZ.
Daniel Fry FTIA is a Partner at taxation law firm Norton & Smailes in Western Australia. He began his
career as a Chartered Accountant at Arthur Andersen in its superannuation and tax division and has been
a Solicitor with Norton & Smailes since 1999. Daniel practises in all areas of tax but mainly specialises in
superannuation, trusts, capital gains tax, and estate and succession planning.
Current at 12 March 2009 Current at 21 April 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Daniel FRY.