Published on 12 Sep 12
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers tax issues:
- an Australian resident dies with assets overseas
- an Australian resident dies with assets held in a foreign trust
- benefits are paid from a non-resident superannuation fund to an Australian recipient
- a super benefit is transferred to an Australian superannuation fund
- an Australian resident dies with an entitlement in a non-resident superannuation fund.
David is a Director in the Superannuation division of Pitcher Partners. He has more than 35 years’ experience in chartered accounting, having worked in both audit and private business areas. David has spent the last twenty five years exclusively in the Superannuation division providing consulting and administrative services. David has had extensive involvement in providing retirement and estate planning advice to clients of the practice. David is Chair of the ASFA Small Funds discussion group • Melbourne and is a current member of ASFA National SMSF Policy Sub-Committee. He has been a speaker at a number of Superannuation conferences presented on superannuation and retirement planning issues.
- Current at
24 August 2012
Denise is an international tax Partner/Executive Director with Pitcher Partners. She has many years of experience providing tax and structuring advice to corporate and trust groups and their key stakeholders. Denise also helps such taxpayers deal with internationally focused ATO reviews. Denise is an Accredited Tax Law Specialist with the Law Institute of Victoria, a member of the Transfer Pricing Working Group, a member of The Tax Institute’s International Tax Subcommittee and a regular presenter at The Institute’s events.
- Current at
29 July 2016