Published on 16 Apr 13
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- penalties (including the interplay between reasonably arguable positions and failure to take reasonable care)
- an update on the accountant’s concession
- seeking costs against the Commissioner – recent developments
- update on construing tax legislation
- other recent observations.
Simon Tisher CTA
Simon was admitted to practice in April 1998 and signed the Bar Roll in May 2003. His main areas of practice are taxation and commercial litigation. Simon has over 10 years experience providing taxation advice to small and mid-tier businesses and individuals. Particular areas of expertise include capital gains tax, sales of business, trusts, asset protection, director penalty notices, deceased estates, superannuation, stamp duty and land tax. He also has experience with taxation audits and taxation litigation. Since coming to the Bar, Simon has acted for both the ATO and private taxpayers. He has been briefed to appear or advise with Senior Counsel on numerous occasions. Current at 27 May 2014
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Simon TISHER.
Further details about this event: