Published on 29 Oct 04
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- thin capitalisation and the de-recognition of assets
- implications for dividend payments, franking and capital management
- further confusion created by the single entity rule
- forex gains and loss tax measurement
- tax consolidation impact including M&A issues and L7 Events
- tainting of the share capital
- employee share schemes and deductibility for net cost of acquiring shares on-market.
Anthony Klein, CTA is a Senior Tax Partner of PwC, based in Melbourne, and has over 22 years professional experience as a corporate, international tax and M&A tax specialist. Anthony leads PwC's corporate tax team in Melbourne, comprising of 22 partners and approximately 80 staff, and has been PwC's international tax leader for the Asia Pacific region. Anthony is the principal tax adviser to a large number of companies in the e-business sector. His clients range from some of Australia's largest multinational and publicly listed internet companies, to high growth businesses and earlier stage technology start-ups. He has assisted a number of corporate groups in the technology sector to structure their international investments, including through leading and advising upon cross-border acquisitions, international ownership and financing structures.
- Current at
04 May 2017
Peter is a specialist in international tax at PwC, assisting foreign investors to structure their Australian investments and Australian corporates who are expanding offshore. He works with the firm’s global tax network to develop solutions for clients and is the leader of the Australian firm’s International Tax Services group. Peter is a member of the Australian Treasury’s BEPS Tax Advisory Group and participated in the G20 BEPS Tax Symposium and the BCA BEPS workshop in 2014.
- Current at
23 May 2017