Published on 29 Oct 04
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- thin capitalisation and the de-recognition of assets
- implications for dividend payments, franking and capital management
- further confusion created by the single entity rule
- forex gains and loss tax measurement
- tax consolidation impact including M&A issues and L7 Events
- tainting of the share capital
- employee share schemes and deductibility for net cost of acquiring shares on-market.
Anthony Klein FTIA is a Tax Partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers,
based in Melbourne, and has been a member of the PwC International
Tax and Transaction Services group for more than 14 years. He
specialises in providing international tax, structuring and mergers
and acquisitions tax services to a wide range of clients.
Current at 9 October 2008 Current at 03 November 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Anthony KLEIN.
Current at 23 January 2014
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Peter COLLINS.