Published on 17 Sep 09
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation considers income tax developments in respect of inbound property investment structuring, including:
- the use of managed investment trusts (‘MITs')
- the interaction of Division 855 and the MIT withholding tax regime
- the particular issues for sovereign wealth funds and foreign pension funds
- withholding taxes, particularly interest withholding tax issues for leveraged structures
- the interaction of the Australian tax regime with investor home tax rules.
Joe Galea is a tax Partner at Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu with over 15 years of corporate tax experience advising clients across a range of industries, with a particular focus on property related entities. Joe has provided a range of income tax advice to property related entities, including tax consolidation, syndications and the structuring of acquisitions and disposals.
Current at 10 April 2006 Current at 13 October 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Joe GALEA.