Published on 26 Mar 14
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- can you reduce GST by not registering?
- can you reduce GST by deregistering?
- can you reduce GST using margin scheme?
- can you reduce GST using going concern?
- can you recover past input tax credits?
- can you reduce land tax using minority interests?
- can you reduce stamp duty with equity bonds or cloning?
- can you reduce stamp duty using options?
- can you reduce stamp duty with rural land?
Grantley Stevens is the Partner responsible for Nexia Edwards Marshall's Business Consulting and Taxation divisions. He consults to many medium to large businesses involved in agriculture, engineering, property, retail and hospitality. He specialises in income tax, FBT, CGT, GST and management consulting and is also a director Greyhounds Racing SA and on the finance committee of the Port Adelaide Football Club.
- Current at
30 August 2017
Michael Butler, CTA, is the Partner in charge of Finlaysons’ Tax & Revenue Group and advises domestic and foreign clients on federal, international and state tax matters. He has a special interest in mining and property taxation, corporate restructurings, international tax issues, and estate and succession planning. Michael is the Visiting Lecturer in Tax at the University of Adelaide Law School, and is a regular contributor to The Tax Institute events.
- Current at
22 September 2017