Published on 28 Oct 04
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following:
- what is trust income and what is trust capital?
- can capital become income by definition?
- making capital distributions under the trust deed
- satisfying entitlements to income by distributing by specie
- CGT consequences for the trustee and beneficiary
- accessing CGT rollover exemptions
- GST implications of in specie distributions
- implications of recent cases
- accounting for trust income which is defined as 'tax law net income'.
Brian J RICHARDS
Current at 14 May 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Brian J RICHARDS.