Published on 19 Feb 09
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
As your clients nervously eye the investment & real estate markets, how can you help them structure their investments inside super? What issues need your attention? This presentation covers:
- instalment warrant trusts:
- you know the rules, but how can you set one up in practice?
- what are the do's and don'ts?
- are the banks really bothered?
- will trust cloning changes impact in your approach?
- what other gearing options exist and when should you use them?
- what should you do with pre 11 August 1999 unit trusts as the 30 June 2009 deadline approaches?
- contributions: what's hot for 2009?