Published on 28 Sep 12
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- a greater appreciation of what transactions could be subject to duty
- better placed to understand the trigger points and what to look out for
- practical issues around what to do when a duty liability arises and managing the lodgement process
- the way forward for stamp duty and what will be important
- the landholder regime and its increased significance in the stamp duty landscape.
George Papadakos CTA
George is a Director in the PwC Perth Tax & Legal Group. George advises both large multinational organisations together with private groups on all facets of Australian stamp duty law and compliance and has considerable experience in advising clients in the energy and resources sector, property development and syndication, financial services, infrastructure projects, corporate restructures, takeovers and mergers, acquisitions and divestments. Current at 04 December 2012
Edward is a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia, and prior to joining Ernst & Young, Edward worked in the taxation group at Mallesons Stephen Jaques as a solicitor. At Ernst and Young, Edward provides advice in corporate taxation and stamp duty, including advice on business and corporate restructures. Edward has also been involved in providing taxation and stamp duty advice on large mining transactions, including the acquisition of interests in mining entities or their assets. Current at 12 February 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Edward MANASSEH.
Further details about this event: