Published on 25 Sep 07
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the main taxation issues with respect to the ownership of rental properties. Topics covered include:
- recognition of rental income
- interest deductions for negatively geared properties
- repairs or capital expenditure
- tax depreciation - what is depreciable, who is entitled to deductions, Commissioner's rates review
- building depreciation
- carrying on a business of renting.
Greg is an executive director with Ernst & Young.
Current at 23 July 2007 Current at 24 September 2007
Further details about this event: