Published on 26 Mar 08
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- testamentary dealings by "baby boomer" generation clients with discretionary trust assets:
- succession issues for family discretionary trusts in the context of the parents' wills
- estates pass to each other and then to the children equally
- corporate trustee owned and controlled by one or both parents
- either or both parents are Appointors and may or may not be Guardians
- two or more adult (or mostly adult) children
- specific objective - minimise scope for disputation and particularly litigation.
Tony Riordan, CTA, is a Tax Partner at Riordans Lawyers in Melbourne, a boutique commercial law firm. He has degrees in Law and Commerce and a Masters in Taxation Law from Melbourne University. His areas of practice include SME structuring, estate planning for high wealth individuals and transaction structuring.
- Current at
23 April 2014