Published on 26 Mar 08
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- testamentary dealings by "baby boomer" generation clients with discretionary trust assets:
- succession issues for family discretionary trusts in the context of the parents' wills
- estates pass to each other and then to the children equally
- corporate trustee owned and controlled by one or both parents
- either or both parents are Appointors and may or may not be Guardians
- two or more adult (or mostly adult) children
- specific objective - minimise scope for disputation and particularly litigation.
Anthony Riordan CTA
Tony Riordan, CTA, is a Tax Partner at Riordans Lawyers in Melbourne, a boutique commercial law firm. He has degrees in Law and Commerce and a Masters in Taxation Law from Melbourne University. His areas of practice include SME structuring, estate planning for high wealth individuals and transaction structuring. Current at 23 April 2014
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Tony RIORDAN.
Further details about this event: