Published on 19 Feb 08
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this presentation include:
- selecting the most tax-efficient structure: company, discretionary/unit/hybrid trust, partnership or joint venture
- deductibility of interest
- obtaining favourable GST outcomes on purchase, construction and sale
- managing gain on sale in tax-efficient manner
- case studies dealing with residential apartment, retail and commercial, and holiday developments.
Michael is the Partner in charge of the Finlaysons Tax & Revenue Group. Michael advises domestic and foreign clients on federal, international and state tax matters, and has a special interest in corporate restructurings, cross-border investment, property, wine and mining taxation, trusts, and estate and succession planning. Michael is a past chair of The Tax Institute’s South Australia State Council and a regular contributor to Institute events.
- Current at
22 February 2021