Published on 19 Feb 08
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this presentation include:
- selecting the most tax-efficient structure: company, discretionary/unit/hybrid trust, partnership or joint venture
- deductibility of interest
- obtaining favourable GST outcomes on purchase, construction and sale
- managing gain on sale in tax-efficient manner
- case studies dealing with residential apartment, retail and commercial, and holiday developments.
Michael Butler, CTA, is the Partner in charge of Finlaysons’ Tax & Revenue Group and advises domestic and foreign clients on federal, international and state tax matters. He has a special interest in mining and property taxation, corporate restructurings, international tax issues, and estate and succession planning. Michael is the Visiting Lecturer in Tax at the University of Adelaide Law School, and is a regular contributor to The Tax Institute events.
- Current at
22 September 2017