Published on 04 Aug 11
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- SIS Act concessions applying to BRP
- the definition of BRP and SMSFR 2009/1 including:
- what constitutes the 'use' of land in a business?
- can a house, or vacant land, ever constitute BRP?
- identifying fixtures to land
- impact of a farmhouse situated on primary production land
- advanced technical question.
Bryce is a Director at leading SMSF law firm DBA Lawyers. He practices predominantly in taxation and superannuation law, particularly the law of SMSFs. He is regularly quoted and published in the Australian Financial Review, the Herald Sun, CCH and LexisNexis publications, and elsewhere in the financial press. He presents extensively to accountants, financial planners and lawyers Australia-wide. Bryce has worked with DBA Lawyers since 2003. He holds both a bachelor degree and a masters degree in law and is an accredited Specialist SMSF Advisor.
- Current at
30 August 2017