Published on 24 Aug 09
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- NSW estates and NSW assets
- resources subject to such claims, including ruling from the grave via trusts
- recent tendencies of the Courts in dealing with such claims (eg claims by adult sons & daughters being disposed of summarily)
- planning steps available in Queensland and other States to increase the chance assets will go where intended
- limits, including ethical limits, on such structuring.
John is a leading specialist in Wills and Estate Law and author of a number of definitive publications
on the subject. For many years, John was the Director of Legal Practice of the Law Faculty at the
Queensland University of Technology, having responsibility for the faculty’s legal training programs for
graduates seeking admission as solicitors or barristers in the State. John retired from QUT in 1999 to
return to full time private practice with de Groot Wills & Estates.
- Current at
31 August 2009