Published on 11 Mar 04
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- overview of the family trust election provisions
- when should you make a family trust election?
- when should you make an interposted entity election?
- special cases such as a superannuation fund/unit trust structure
- implications for failure to make a family trusts election
- ATO audit activity and practice.
Joshua Cardwell CTA
Josh is the head of real estate tax at PwC Australia. He has extensive transactional experience, with a particular focus on the real estate sector. Josh has nearly 20 years' tax experience, including nine years at a partner level with Greenwoods & Freehills and "Big 4" accounting firms.
Josh is a frequent contributor, lecturer and examiner for The Tax Institute, and has been extensively involved with Treasury and the ATO on consultations involving real estate-related tax issues via his membership of the Property Council of Australia's Taxation Committee.
Current at 17 September 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Joshua CARDWELL.
Further details about this event: