Fixing your trust: imputation and trust losses (problems with drafting) presentation
Published on 12 May 05
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Matters covered in this presentation include:
- tax advantages/benefits of being classified as a fixed trust
- what is a fixed trust?
- what is a vested and indefeasible interest?
- when is an interest deemed to be defeasible/indefeasible?
- analysis of typical trust deed clauses
- what trust deed clauses does the ATO find offensive?
- Commissioner's discretion to deem vested and indefeasible interest?
- distinctions between trust loss and imputation measures
- tax ruling applications.
Further details about this event: