Published on 07 May 08
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the new foreign tax offset rules and the removal of foreign loss quarantining. In particular, it focuses on:
- operation of the new foreign tax offset rules
- application to CFC's and FIF's
- foreign tax credit carry forward
- removal of foreign loss quarantining
- conversion of existing losses.
Brendan Dardis is a tax partner in the International Tax Services division of Ernst & Young in Melbourne. He has 18 years experience in international tax. His prime area of focus is on cross border transactions and financing structures for Australian multinationals and funds investing offshore.
- Current at
30 August 2017