Published on 26 Aug 04
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers the intricacies of distributing or liberating wealth from continuing companies including:
- the advantages of schemes of arrangement in complex client structures
- what to do to deal with value shifting traps
- dealing effectively with possible debt forgiveness implications
- structuring and optimising capital reductions / buybacks - avoiding assessable dividends
- capital benefits and dividend streaming implications.
This was also presented by Michael Hennessey at the Roadmap to Business Structures seminar held in Brisbane on 19 November 2004.
Paul is a Partner at Arnold Bloch Leibler and the Practice Leader of the firm’s taxation practice. He provides strategic
and technical advice to a diverse range of Australian and international clients, including high net worth individuals, some
of Australia’s largest family groups and public companies. Paul regularly acts in significant and complex audits, disputes
- Current at
30 August 2017