Published on 17 Jun 03
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation is designed to cover Division 129 of the GST Act. In particular the following is discussed with examples where appropriate:
- types of GST adjustments - eg. debts becoming bad, changes in intended use and invoice changes
- property adjustments
- private and business usage
- increasing and decreasing adjustments
- GST and FBT interaction
- overlapping different GST periods
- cancellation of registration
- what are NOT adjustment events.
Grantley Stevens, CTA, is the Partner responsible for Nexia Edwards Marshall's Business Consulting and Taxation divisions. He consults to many medium-to-large businesses involved in agriculture, engineering, property, retail and hospitality. He specialises in income tax, FBT, CGT, GST and management consulting, and is also a director Greyhounds Racing SA and is on the Finance Committee of the Port Adelaide Football Club.
- Current at
22 January 2018