Published on 04 Sep 09
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- Division 147 of the GST Act (pre and post the PM Developments decision)
- Division 105 of the GST Act
- Tax Office administrative policy - debt collection and insolvency: the options available to the Commissioner
- Garnishee notices and winding up - Bruton Holdings
- statutory demands and disputed debt -Broadbeach/Neutral Bay
- debt collection strategies in current economic environment.
Ben is Assistant Commissioner, Policy & New Measures in the Debt
business line at the Australian Taxation Office. Ben has worked in a range
of legislative and interpretative positions with the ATO over the last 14
years, most recently being Tax Counsel (Indirect Taxes) from 2005 to 2009.
- Current at
01 October 2009