Published on 21 Feb 03
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers topics including:
- what are taxpayers doing wrong?
- what should tax agents be aware of?
- common mistakes by taxpayers
- areas of focus by the ATO
- ATO policy on penalties and interest
- examples of abuses by businesses
- trust's name or trustee's name?
- tax invoice in different name?
Steve is the ATO Senior Assistant Deputy Commissioner responsible for the GST Compliance Program for the large corporate sector. He has held this role for over two years after spending four years in a key leadership role in the National GST Design and Implementation Project Team. His tax experience comes from over 20 years in the ATO's Indirect and Withholding Tax areas in both leadership and project management positions.
- Current at
31 July 2008