Published on 14 Oct 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- GST after five years - the past, present and the future
- inherent VAT design issues
- issues peculiar to Australia.
Bruce Quigley, CTA, has been Senior Adviser with The Tax Institute since April 2015. He assists in the preparation of submissions to the government, Treasury, Board of Tax, Tax Practitioners Board and the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) in relation to various tax and superannuation issues. Bruce has over 45 years’ experience in tax administration, compliance, interpretation, policy and law design, culminating in seven years serving as Second Commissioner of Taxation, the second most senior position in the ATO. Since retiring from the ATO in December 2013, Bruce has undertaken various policy, diagnostic and technical assistance missions in a number of countries as a Revenue Adviser for the Fiscal Affairs Department of the International Monetary Fund.
- Current at
03 June 2019
Michael Evans is in his 47th year of working in the Australian taxation system. His current roles include:
• a Senior Fellow of University of Melbourne where he conducts a GST principles subject in the University’s Masters level tax courses; and
• a member of the design and examinations panel of the Taxation Institute’s CTA3 panel;
• The General Editor of the Australian GST journal.
Over recent years, has provided advice and assistance on the design and legislation of indirect taxation systems, for:
• The Australian and State Treasuries;
• The International Taxation and Investment Centre’s missions in Myanmar; and
• The Canadian Ministry of Finance
- Current at
26 April 2017