Published on 19 Aug 04
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- drafting a tax effective will
- identification of assets, liabilities and beneficiaries
- enduring powers of attorney, guardianship and advance medical directives
- when and how to use discretionary trusts
- emerging trends
- practical traps and tips.
John is a leading specialist in Wills and Estate Law and author of a number of definitive publications
on the subject. For many years, John was the Director of Legal Practice of the Law Faculty at the
Queensland University of Technology, having responsibility for the faculty’s legal training programs for
graduates seeking admission as solicitors or barristers in the State. John retired from QUT in 1999 to
return to full time private practice with de Groot Wills & Estates.
- Current at
31 August 2009