Published on 29 May 13
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- an overview on when a foreign national establishes tax residency in Australia
- the concept of temporary vs. permanent residents
- individual income tax implications for employment income of temporary and permanent residents andthe interaction with Double Taxation Agreements
- individual income tax implications for investment income derived by temporary andpermanent residents
- capital gains tax considerations
- impact of LAFHA changes
- an overview of social security and pension matters for temporary residents.
Rita is a Senior Manager of Ernst & Young's Melbourne Human Capital Practice. Rita has over twelve years' experience working with multinational companies in all aspects of expatriate tax. Rita is responsible for managing the compliance programs for both inbound and outbound multinational companies, including all stages of tax return preparation and associated correspondence with the Australian Taxation Office. She is also responsible for consultancy services to companies regarding their expatriate employees, particularly in the areas of remuneration and tax effective planning for international assignments.
- Current at
01 May 2008