Published on 27 Feb 14
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- revisit the key concepts – capital v revenue:
- history and established precedent
- trends in cases & ATO approach
- consideration of enterprise?
- business or not?:
- trading stock issues & practicalities
- not trading stock – how does that work?
- what if I make a loss?
- practical considerations:
- moving from capital to revenue
- identifying and preserving capital gain.
Scott McGill CTA
Scott McGill, CTA, is a Partner at Pitcher Partners Sydney where he focuses on taxation, business, structuring and succession issues for a wide range of clients. Scott also heads the property industry speciality in the Sydney practice working with small and large developers, retirement villages/aged care and investors. Scott has extensive experience in income tax, GST and state taxes from both his time in public practice as well as the ATO, and has a reputation for achieving commercial outcomes on complex issues. Current at 12 January 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Scott MCGILL.
Further details about this event: